Stunning

Sunday, April 04, 2010

If it were an April Fools joke I would have laughed, but it is not!

A sad day. I am really bothered by this.
I have been seeing a real downward trend in Piper for a while but kept my silence because God really used some of his materials in my own life a few years ago.
Back then, around 2006 I wrote to him and asked him, pleaded with him, that he may one day finish his ministry with his head held high, unlike many other well known men, who when getting older made real bad decisions.

I am going to plead with the Lord for a change of heart not only for Piper, but Warren also.

Mark

2 comments:

JandR said...

Hi Mark,

We thought of you when we heard this news. Sad, indeed.

This came on the heels of Piper announcing his church giving him an 8-month "leave" from his duties.

One wonders . . .but we must indeed pray for him, his wife and family, and for all the attendees at the conference.

(We do not approve of Piper's action to invite Warren, at all! No Reformer should identify himself in such fashion with a different or strange gospel.)

May God give all the Reformers who will be exposed to Warren's words and personality, a divine discernment.

JandR

PuritanReformed said...

@Mark:

amen, bro. It is a sad day for all of us.