Stunning

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Big shifts and other matters....

I completely agree with what Dr White say's in this video, but I just also want to point out, that from another angle, a "shift just as big" needs to be mentioned, namely that Christian women, real modest Biblical Christian women in the not too distant past would never be part of such entertainment in the first place! (I know he made a brief comment at the beginning)............For that, I know I will probably get a few emails putting me in my place.

I suppose if a professing Christian can bare her body for all to admire, then a homosexual man can be a judge! (What on earth is a Homosexual man doing judging a female beauty contest anyway?!?) I mean to be consistent, should not a Lesbian have that job?.........Man what a crazy world we are living in.

It is also another reason many Muslims distance themselves from Christianity. Something to think about.

4 comments:

Ruby said...

On the contrary, I quite agree about the immodesty of such contests and so do a number of the Christian women I know. I guess we are just old fuddy dudddies, eh!

Mark Farnon (Tartanarmy) said...

Men really do struggle in this area, and so do I.

I am the first to admit that the female body can be one of the most beautiful things created in the universe.

Not the "plastic" body, but the one originally made.

But, it is made to be shared between a man and a woman in privacy.

When our Lord spoke about adultery with the eyes, that is the closer upon the issue of modesty as far as I am concerned, and being weak, I would plead for women to help me by being modest in their appearance.

Old fuddy duddy!, maybe, but I think I am more culpable than that, and in a sense I wish I were a true old fuddy duddy, for that idea to me seems to suggest at the very least that I would have zero interest in having a problem with my eyes and heart.

But I am thankful for women who understand this issue and make an effort to help us men in this area.....Men in general need it!

Mark

Ruby said...

I hear you Mark.
I have a husband and sons. We are bombarded every day with images which cause the eyes and heart trouble.
I also have two adult daughters, so we've been through the whole "not dressing or acting in a way that causes a brother to stumble".

Mark Farnon (Tartanarmy) said...

Same here Sister...I have two son's in adulthood, one is married, and I have three daughters ages 14, 12 and 11!

I have my work cut out for sure!
I am encouraged by your response and you have my sympathy too!

Mark