Stunning

Monday, March 30, 2009

Rich Agozino on the Narrow Mind!




Interesting show...I can see that Rich is on the right track. Making disciples of people is the Biblical way to go.

I think Gene being Baptistic and quasi Dispensational in certain Covenantal elements of his Theology (Credo/two kingdom), only sees believers as strictly being regenerate disciples only and not merely those followers in Covenant, both regenerate and unregenerate.

A wee excursion below regarding Disciples!

(Think---How on earth can we tell children whom we consider unregenerate to obey their parents "in the Lord"?----How can I raise my children "in the discipline and instruction of the Lord" (Eph 6.4) if they are not disciples of the Lord?----But then what reason should I give to my toddler that he should obey his daddy? Do I tell him that Jesus says that he must obey me, "in the Lord"? But that would presuppose that he is a follower of Jesus, something I must not believe until he prays for conversion.)

With a narrow view of disciples, and this historically amended two kingdom model on display, everything becomes black and white apparently.

Rich rightly expounds the "as we are passing through this world/loving our neighbors" mentality which I think Gene does not seem to quite grasp.

Then, I nearly fell of my chair when Rich announced he works as a loans agent, right after his impassioned speech about the evils of debt! That was funny.

I hope you will have Rich on some more as he has good points to make and seems brutally honest, and I like that.

And I must say how proud I was at the way Gene graciously handles some of the needling from Rich. If it were me saying those things, I would not like to see how that would pan out, right Gene?

Mark

Show here.....

No comments: