Stunning

Thursday, December 18, 2008

One last post before my break for 08.....




As someone who knows only too well, the judgment from other Calvinists, (quasi Ameraldians to be more specific), regarding my not properly using the term "love", regarding God's intentions and His disposition toward the reprobate, I have some solace from the man who wrote a little primer on Hyper-Calvinism, a piece I have been critical of in the sense that it is not the standard writing upon the subject, and has also been used unscrupulously by others to malign genuine Calvinists, I have the pleasure of quoting Phil Johnson himself, who recently said,

"Moreover, in the section of my notes on h-cism that deals with God’s will toward the reprobate, I expressly acknowledged that there is a strain of classic high-calvinists who deny that God’s expressions of goodwill toward the reprobate may properly be called “love,” but who are not really hyper. I said, “They are a distinct minority, but they nonetheless have held this view. It’s a hyper-Calvinistic tendency, but not all who hold the view are hyper-Calvinists in any other respect.” Phil Johnson

For Tony Byrne and David Ponter, and all those who mocked and attacked me for saying what I have said, and carefully explained my position numerous times, even having Phil's Primer used against me more times than I can remember, well, what can I say?

I hope you guys clean up your act in 09, but having been on the receiving end of the abuse you guys can muster, perhaps Phil and yet others may unfortunately be in your sights for a target of your narrow arrow, but I sincerely hope for repentance from you guys. It's time in 09!

Give it up guys.....


Mark


Joh 3:14 `And as Moses did lift up the serpent in the wilderness, so it behoveth the Son of Man to be lifted up,
Joh 3:15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,
Joh 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son--the only begotten--He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;
Joh 3:18 he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.


Joh 17:9 I pray for them. I do not pray for the world, but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Joh 17:20 And I do not pray for these alone, but for those also who shall believe on Me through their word,
Joh 17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas to all of my readers!...
Hope to be back God Willing in 09.

Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments: