Stunning

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Good read..Hard to find these kinds of issues being discussed!

Another interesting read.

I posted a link there as well, with reference to the "free offer of the gospel" in an article by Dr Nicole which I found quite helpful.

http://www.apuritansmind.com/Arminianism/NicoleRogerUniversalCallDefiniteAtonement.htm

Mark

PS..... FOR ALL PONTERITES!
just in case Mr Ponter and his band of merry men ever read this, it will help to relieve them of their fears for me, as they have ignorantly cast me to the outer realms of Hyper-Calvinism and besmirched my views for so long!

What Nicole asserts in the above link is near enough to where I have always been in my views upon the atonement and the free offer. So there, Ponterites!
If you had tried to read me carefully, you would know that, but in your zeal to promote a Universal expiation, your balance is out of whack and your presuppositions strongly govern you.

2 comments:

Nathan W. Bingham said...

Mark:

I am wondering if you could critique Dr. Roger Nicole’s article? I am simply curious as to what the “near enough” meant in your post. I appreciate you linking it, as I found Nicole’s article extremely helpful.

Tartanarmy said...

Not too much to critique as I agree with the main thrust of everything there, but maybe try and qualify where I am not entirely in agreement at certain points.

I will put it up as a main post here.
I will call it "Near enough is good enough!)

Mark