Cults - Jehovah's Witness
Author: tartanarmy (4:23 am)
Jehovah's Witness at Your Door
They Say: There is no Trinity - Let God be True, p. 100-101; Make Sure of All Things p. 386.
The Church Says: The doctrine of the Trinity is Biblically based. (Matthew 28:19; John 14:26; John 15:26; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2)
The Holy Spirit
They Say: The Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force - The Watchtower, June 1, 1952, p. 24
The Church Says: The Holy Spirit is not impersonal. (John 14:26; John 16:13 ; Acts 10:19)
Jesus and Michael
They Say: Jesus was Michael the archangel who became a man, Jehovah's first creation was his 'only-begotten Son' and was used by Jehovah in creating all other things - Aid to Bible Understanding, pp. 390-391. The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307; The New Word, 284.
The Church Says: Jesus is the Creator not a created being. (John 1:1-3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Colossians 1:15-17)
They Say: Jesus did not rise from the dead in his physical body - Awake! July 22, 1973, p. 4.
The Church Says: Jesus did rise in Body. (Luke 24:36; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8;John 20:24-29)
They Say: Jesus did not die on a cross but on a stake - The Truth Shall Make You Free, p. 300.
The Church Says: Jesus was crucified on a cross. (John 19:17-19 ; 1 Corinthians 1:18)
Those Who Will Be Saved
They Say: Only their church members will be saved - The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1979, p. 30.
The Church Says: Whoever believes that Jesus is Lord will be saved. (John 3:16 John 14:4-6; Romans 3:23-26)
They Say: There is no hell of fire where the wicked are punished - Let God be True, p. 79, 60.
The Church Says: All who deny Jesus as Lord will one day know first hand there is a Hell. (Matthew 25:41; Mark 9:44; Rev. 1:17-18; 20:10, 14-15; 21:8)
Those Who Will Enter Heaven
They Say: Only 144,000 Jehovah's Witness go to heaven - Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 166-167, 361; Let God be True, p 121.
The Church Says: All who believe that Jesus is Lord will enter into Heaven.(John 14:1-5, 23; Matthew 16:19)
Here are some other beliefs they practice:
* Blood transfusions are a sin.
* The soul ceases to exist after death.
* They refuse to vote.
* They will not salute the flag.
* They will not sing the "Star Spangled Banner."
* They do not celebrate Christmas or birthdays.
* Their leadership will not allow them to serve in the armed forces.
* Those that leave the organization are known as apostates. Jehovah's Witnesses cannot talk to them or even greet them on the street.
* For many years it was taught that Blacks were that color as a result of God's curse on Canaan.
* Lying is part of "theocratic war strategy." A Jehovah's Witness can lie to someone if they are not entitled to know the truth.
* Periodically Jehovah's Witness doctrine will change. This is known as "new light."
Are these the guidelines that an Awesome, Gracious, Merciful, Loving, All Knowing God, would give you? NOT!
Jehovah's Witnesses are trained in the art of verbal battle. Do not engage them. Pray first and share the scriptures verse by verse, point by point. Share in stern love, you will disarm them.
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15
Defend Your Faith With The Word!
All Scripture Is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy. 3:16
To go more in depth, please visit the link below,